Real Estate Education Training:
Realtor Pride!
I joined the the Realtor team in 1983 as a newly licensed real estate agent with a major franchise in Inglewood, CA. I had no idea what being a Realtor meant but I knew the partners that owned the franchise meant business when they informed me that if I wanted to work in their office - I had to pay my Realtor dues and attend their office meetings. It was also suggested that I should get a gold jacket as soon as possible. I had just recently paid the money for real estate classes, and was now looking at another outlay of funds to join the local, California and National Association of Realtors. It was a bit painful!
I truly did not realize the value of the Realtor "R" and mainly focused on the financial hit that I had to deal with after paying for and attending an eight week "live" licensing course. There were no Internet online courses back in 1983. Now thirty years later I can see how our industry has progressed. Most of that progress has been due to the value added by the Realtor "R". Most striking is the acceptance that I could not have made those improvements without the help of the Realtor brand. Having a super support team in place allowed me to work at listing and selling Real Estate at my pace without concern for anything that might help or hinder my industry.
Each year I am asked to pay a few hundred dollars to benefit from everything the Realtor team brings to my business success. I have read with pure delight the "member benefit" business forms that help me prepare for my clients the best possible offer or listing agreement. Back in 1983 our offers often consisted of one or two forms requiring you to manually fill in all the transaction terms and conditions. Heaven forbid if you forgot to ask for a termite inspection and clearance or failed to remember to write down who paid for what? Now the forms tickle the memory with suggestions.
It is really great to work at what I am so happy doing and have trained and skilled local, California and National staff members concentrating on my business needs 24/7. I see them as my "business bodyguards". They work to keep my exposure at a minimum so I can concentrate on providing the best possible service to my clients and spend more time with my family.
The Realtor brand is priceless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment